Thursday 30 August 2007

The great SEO programme continues...

I am still working through my UK broadband comparison website www.ukbroadbandfinder.com, making all pages as search engine-friendly as possible (apart from my Adwords landing pages, of course).

I hadn't realised I had so many pages - nearly 250 at the last count. As part of my SEO drive I am looking at keyword phrases, H1, H2 headings, page titles, and internal and external links.

Since I started www.ukbroadbandfinder.com I have seen via Google Analytics that particular broadband providers and packages seem to be picked up by the search engines more readily than others and I have never been able to work out why (it isn't solely a case of ISPs with generic names being picked up less then ISPs with specific brand names). I hope that my SEO-inspired website revamp will boost all broadband provider and broadband package pages on the site!

I am also adding metadata (a description and a few - and I mean a few - keywords). I have heard over the last few years that it is (a) completely pointless, or (b) still worth doing but only as a minor part of of any SEO programme. So although it isn't the first change I make, I am adding it.

By Sarah, UK Broadband Finder

No comments: