Thursday 30 August 2007

User generated content

User generated content - a great big name for my first, small website poll!

My first broadband poll has been up for a few weeks now. I have to say it is quite a slow process - I hope they will become more popular, and I will try to make the topics more specific. The first poll title was Most important in my next broadband package.

Results so far (it is still up) are:
Superfast 32.8%
Cheap deal 18%
Short or no contract 8.2%
Great customer service 11.5%
Extras and freebies 0%
None of the above 29.5%

Now I want to know what the None of the Above respondents want.

The first poll was really just to test the idea (and the Joomla functionality). My next task is to create more targeted polls (eg a wireless poll on my wireless page, a cheap broadband poll on my cheap broadband page) and ensure the suggested answers cover as many bases as possible (in as few word as possible...).

Then I need to start looking at other types of user-generated content (broadband reviews, here I come).

By Sarah, UK Broadband Finder

No comments: