Tuesday 26 June 2007

More broadband content!

Content is king was one of the first things I learnt when I started working as a web editor back in the mists of internet time (well, 1999). We all used to say clicks and mortar without irony as well.

I may not say clicks and mortar any more, or make my fingers into quotation marks to stress a point (ah, the delights of 20th century business meetings) but it is pretty obvious that new, relevant content is still vital. So when I started this TradeDoubler / AOL broadband affiliate mentoring scheme it gave me the push I needed to look again at content gaps on my broadband website, www.ukbroadbandfinder.com

UK Broadband Finder needed more content for three reasons:
  • to keep broadband buyers on my website by answering their questions and helping them with the buying process (I think we used to call it "stickyness")
  • as a vehicle for all those broadband keyword phrases I need to include, to improve my organic traffic via the search engines
  • to keep the website changing regularly
So as a first step I have been written a few new articles:
I've noticed already that we're already getting more organic traffic - some of this may be down to the appalling weather but I can see from Google Analytics that some of it is content-driven.

I've also written more broadband definitions for my Broadband Glossary blog, which has also driven more visitors - to the blog itself and then on to www.ukbroadbandfinder.com.

Now, I'm off to do some SEO!

By Sarah, UK Broadband Finder

No comments: