Wednesday 20 June 2007

Welcome to The Broadband Apprentice

But... what is it?

I run a UK broadband availability website where you can compare broadband in your area - you can see it at
www.ukbroadbandfinder.com

The website started last year with a handful of broadband providers and our trusty broadband checker (thank you, SamKnows). Now it has over 100 broadband packages and more than 20 broadband providers; a broadband speed test; broadband FAQs; a business broadband section and more.

But despite all this, there's a lot more I could do to make UK Broadband Finder more effective, credible and profitable. I've learnt a lot in the past year from podcasts, books, forums, and the day-to-day running of my website, but I know I still have loads to learn.

So when I was lurking on the Affiliates4U affiliate forum and read about the inaugural AOL / TradeDoubler affiliate mentoring scheme for broadband affiliate websites, I applied... and was chosen.

This mentoring scheme will last for around six months, and I'll be getting advice and practical help improving my website, including website feedback, SEO tips, and pay-per-click (ppc) advice. In return, AOL and affiliate network TradeDoubler should get more sales, good publicity and feedback on the problems broadband affiliates encounter.

My Broadband Apprentice blog will follow this mentoring scheme for the next few months, from my point of view.

This is a big opportunity for me. We've already had our first meeting and I've started work on improving my website's effectiveness. So please check back and find out how www.ukbroadbandfinder.com is doing.

By Sarah, UK Broadband Finder

No comments: