Friday 20 July 2007

Broadband Adwords campaign goes live

This week I finalised my new Google Adwords campaign and sent it Live.

I've used Adwords for broadband before but I had found it difficult to get good returns - so a few months ago I switched it off. Since then the sales have been building, but I know I need to make Adwords work alongside my SEO-driven organic search traffic and sales.

With Adwords, the obvious broadband keywords are, not surprisingly, expensive, and my previous landing pages were too generic (which meant I paid even more for my clicks).

So with my new campaign:
  1. My new PPC (pay per click) campaign is more targeted - it goes to a revamped AOL landing page that has been optimised for SEO.
  2. TradeDoubler sent me some good converting keywords
  3. I used an application called KeywordConvert which is really useful for generating keyword phrases (add your keywords to three columns and it automatically comes up with all possible combinations for broad match, exact match and phrase match).
  4. I have written targeted ads - four for each Ad Group. It will be interesting to see which of these gets the most click-throughs (and whether those clicks then convert!)
Now the campaign has been running for a couple of days I can already see where I need to add more keywords so I'll try to do that this weekend.

By Sarah, UK Broadband Finder

No comments: